Sunday, January 11, 2009

God Is In This Place, And We Are Not Aware Of It

Gen 28:16-19
16 When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I was not aware of it." 17 He was afraid and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven."

18 Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set it up as a pillar and poured oil on top of it. 19 He called that place Bethel, though the city used to be called Luz.


On Jacob's journey, he had encounter God in a dream. When awaking from the dream, Jacob realized that God's presence was there. So many times we may feel that way, were we feel that God is not with us. But, just like Jacob, we may not be aware of it, but God is with us. God may be working in our lives, and we may not see it.

I need God's eyes to see, and know that he is with me. I may not be spiritually aware that God is present, and I need to be so in tune with what God's spirit us speaking to me about.

Father God, I pray for your spirit. Lord, give me eyes to see and ears to hear what your spirit is speaking to me about. Give me your heart to know, so that I may be aware of your Holy Spirit. Sometimes I may not be aware, but lord, I pray that you be so evident that I know that it is you. I thank you, Lord, and I pray for great things to come.
Amen.

No comments: