Sunday, December 28, 2008

You Are Worthy, Through Your Blood

Rev 5:9
9And they sang a new song:
"You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased men for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation.


This passage is talking about the one who was sacrificed for our sins, Jesus Christ. He is the only one worthy, because He came from heaven, lived a life of man, and died for our sins, so that we may be saved. With His blood, we are saved; all are saved through Christ Jesus.

This reminder of the one who saved me is to realize that no one is worthy but Him. I can not do anything, but only through Christ who strengthens me. In this passage, no one was worthy in heaven or on earth to open the scrolls, but only Jesus Christ.

Father God, You are Worthy. You alone are worthy to be praised. You were the one who died for me and all sinners. Lord, thank you for what you did for me on the cross. Humble my heart and my spirit to know that you are God, the One and Holy God. I lift you up and give you all the honor and glory.
Amen.

No comments: