Friday, December 26, 2008

The Heart Of What God Is, Love

2 John 1:5-6
5And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.


At the heart of all that God is, is Love. That is why John speaks of how important it is to love. Love God, love others, and love yourself.

It is always a blessing to love others. Sometimes we forget to do so, even in the time of these holidays, but this passage reminds me to continue to love. I need to remember the heart of God, which is love.

Father God, I thank you for your love first of all. Your love for those in sin, that you gave your Son to save us. I thank you, Lord. I want to pray for others. I want to pray for this in need. That you be their provider. That you may be there for them. That you may guide them and show them your Holy love. I pray for those that don't know you, that they may experience who you are. That you open up their spirit to recognize the love that you bring. That you speak into their lives so that they may have salvation in you. And Lord, I pray for myself. Sometimes I can feel myself not being in Your Spirit. Lord, allow me to be in your blessing. Allow me to be covered by your blood, that I may have the joy that comes from really knowing you. I thank you, Lord. Continue to be with me and others. I give you all the glory and honor in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: