Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Living A Life That Shares The Gospel With Others

John 20:15-17
15"Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"
Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."

16Jesus said to her, "Mary."
She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).

17Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "


Here in this passage, Mary comes to realize that the person whom she is talking to is Jesus. She is so happy to see Him, that in her heart, she goes to Him, but Jesus says not to hold on, but to share with others the news.

The news of Jesus Christ is not meant to be held by my own, but to be shared. It is awesome news that Christ Jesus was raised from the dead, and living in heaven. This is something that we need to tell others. I need to make it a point to let others know what the gospel is.

Father God, allow my life to be a missions living life, one that is living for You. I pray for your Spirit to be over mines. Forgive me for my sins, and cover me with your Holiness. I pray that my life will be covered under your blessings. Let me be fruitful in all that I do, for I do it to glorify your name. Thank you Lord, and use me. I give you honor and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: