Monday, December 01, 2008

Sin And Death Do Not Reign, But I Am Made Righteous Through Grace

Romans 6:11-14
11In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.


Sometimes I feel like sin can take over my life. Sometimes sin is so great, that it feels like God is not present in my life.

We are to count ourselves dead to sin, because we are living in Christ Jesus. We are not under the master of sin, but under the covering of grace by God. We do not have to worry about sin, but instead giving ourselves to the fullness of God. That is when we are made alive in Christ.

Father God, I praise you for your grace that has fallen upon my life. I thank you for that, Lord. Lord, let sin not overtake my life, but to overcome it by your grace on the Cross. I pray that I may not obey that sinful nature of my flesh, but to follow and obey what you have said. Give me strength to go through trials and temptations. Give me your hand in my life. I need you. Thank you, Lord. I give you all the glory and honor in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: