Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Living A Life That Makes Jesus As Lord

1 Peter 3:15-16
15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.


This passage reminds me of Pastor Terry's story of when he went back to his high school reunion. He set Jesus as Lord of his life, and no one else could say anything against him in doing that.

I need to live my life according to this passage, by setting Christ as my Lord, not just my Savior. He is Lord of my life and all that I am. In doing so, and living the way He wants me to live, I can be an example for those without.

Father God, I pray for your Holy Spirit to come down and be poured out in my life. Let it be so full of your grace and mercy, that your Spirit be known in my life. I pray that I make you Lord of my life. Be in all my decisions. Be in all my actions. I pray for your anointing. Let my life be a witness to those around me. I thank you and give you all the glory and praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: