Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Understanding God's Words Revealed Through The Holy Spirit

2 Peter 3:15-16
15Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.


There are many people who do not understand the words of God. Sometimes I don' understand them myself. That is why it is important not to distort His words to our own understanding, but to understand it from God.

As I read the word of God, I need to have His understanding in what He wants to reveal to me through the scriptures. I need to pray over His words, that God gives me rhema through it.

Father God, I thank you for your words. It gives me direction, hope, strength, and your heart. I pray for your understanding and now my own understanding. I pray for your spirit and not my own. I pray for a revealing of your words, that I may take what you want to give to me. I pray that it gives me a fresh take on how to live the way you want me to live. I thank you for all this and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: