Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Godliness With Contentment

1 Tim 6:6-8
6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.


Paul is talking about being satisfied with what God has to offer, and what He wants from us, to be holy and pure like Him. To achieve this is to be self-sufficient, and content, yielding peace of mind.

I need to be more godly and pure and holy in my life. There are times that I am not focusing on the Lord, where my mind strays and I am not running the good race, but I need to focus on He who is with me. I need to live my life please to glorify the Lord.

Father God, I pray for your strength and endurance to finish this good race. Keep me pure and holy, living a life that is according to your will. Let me not stray away with temptation, but to keep my eyes on You. Give me strength and allow me to be blameless. I thank you and pray this in Your holy name.
Amen.

No comments: