Saturday, December 13, 2008

Faith That Is Tested And Stretched

Heb 11:1
1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2This is what the ancients were commended for.


Here in the book of Hebrews, the authors describes what true faith is. There is two folds to this statement. One is to be sure of what we hope for, or that God is in control of all future things. The second is to be certain of what we do not see, or that God plays a part in all the things going on. All these people that are mentioned were examples of such as these.

When reading this, I reflect upon my own faith, and how it is tested, and how it is stretched, to reach the level that is suitable for such an awesome and great God. I think about the faith that I say that I have, and that through the testing of my faith through the actions that are shown through my life, I realize that I am always challenged to have more faith in the Lord.

Lord, I pray that you test me. I know that sometimes my faith in you is weary, and that I may not have complete trust and faith in what you are doing in my life. So, Lord, I pray that my faith in you become immovable and rooted in you. I pray for your strength through trails of tests of faith. I pray that you may be my rock and salvation. Lord, I thank you for strengthening me. To allow me to go through things to build me up. I thank you. I pray for all these Christmas events and activities, that you may be glorified and lifted up. That you may bless it for your kingdom. I give you all the glory, honor, and praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: