Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Continuing Debt To Love One Another

Rom 13:7-10
7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

This is an awesome passage of the importance of love, that it is owed as a continuing debt to one another. This means that, by default, we should be loving everyone, our fellowman, as to fulfill the law.

Again, we are encouraged to give what is due to us, but more importantly, we should love as it is automatically due to us. Love is the sum of what we need to do, just as God has loved us, we too should love one another.

Father God, I pray that your spirit of love just be so present in my life. I pray for it more and more, that you allow me to have more love and compassion for those around me, for those that are in my life, for those that I encounter daily. I pray for your Spirit of love, because that is the best love one can know. I thank you for this continuing work in my life. I give thanks to you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: