Saturday, December 20, 2008

Choosing The Will Of The Father, So That He May Be Honored

John 7:16-18
16Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. 17If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. 18He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.


Jesus was doing the will of the Father. He was teaching the people and showing them the truth. He speaks that which God wants from Him.

It is true that anyone who speaks for himself is speaking to honor himself, but to speak that which God wants and His will is to glorify the Lord. In everything that I say or do, I need to do it to glorify the Lord. I do not say or do things for my own will, but to work for the honor of the one who sent me, my Lord Jesus Christ.

Father God, I thank you for this word that you have given me. It is your words that I give glory to. It is for You that I give honor to. Lord, I pray over my own actions and words that come from me. Let it be pleasing to you. Let it be in Your love an Your compassion that drives me to do all things, so that You may be glorified. Be with me I pray and watch over me. I thank you, Lord, and I pray all these things in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: