Wednesday, November 05, 2008

To Fear The Lord Is Wise In Our Understanding

Job 28:28
28 And he said to man,
'The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom,
and to shun evil is understanding.' "


The fear of the Lord is not cowarding in terror of such a powerful God, but to know that He is God. To be in reverence and respect of who He is. To know that God is so great, that we will want to choose to live a Holy life before Him.

Knowing God and reverencing Him is truly a wise choice for man. We must do that more and more in our lives. The sin that over takes us is so great, but we must keep focus on God and know that He is Lord. Only if we understand this, to have the fear of God, then can we live life according to His will.

Father God, Holy is Your name. You are great, so great that I can't compare you to anything. You truly are reverenced and set apart from all things. Sin can not touch you. Evil will not come close to you. Let me understand that, and take it to heart that you are so pure. Let me take that up in my life, so that I may have the same heart that you do. Allow me to keep my life Holy before you. Give me the strength to do so. Thank you Lord.
Amen.

No comments: