Thursday, November 06, 2008

Not By Human Efforts, But Through Thy Spirit

Gal 3:2-5
2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? 4Have you suffered so much for nothing—if it really was for nothing? 5Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?


Here, God speaks of our own efforts. It says that we didn't receive the Spirit by observing the law, or in other words, through our own strength, but by believing, or in the Spirit. God has given us His Spirit that we may know Him.

We must remember, as Pastor Ray mentioned in the P12 meeting, that the Spirit is given to us. It is not through our own strength and efforts that we are able to talk to God, or able to have Him work through us, but by His grace and mercy, that man is able to have a relationship with Christ Jesus. Sometimes even through prayer, we try so hard, but it is not through our own will power, but by the Spirit.

Father, allow me to be in the Spirit so that I may recognize you and know you more. Allow the Spirit to guide me and move me, not through my own strength, but by the moving of the Holy Spirit that I may be able to do all things in Christ who strengthens me. I pray that my relationship with you grows more and more every single day, and that one day, I can see you face to face. Thank you, Lord, and I pray all this to give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: