Saturday, November 08, 2008

The Message Of The Cross Is The Power Of God

1 Cor 1:17-19
17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."


These verse, especially verse 18, is so powerful. It shows the truth behind what is revealed to us as Christ Ambassadors. For those who don't know Jesus, it is foolishness, but for us who have been saved by grace, the message of Jesus Christ is a transformational power.

Many times there will be people who don't know the Lord. Most times, they will think that it is foolishness to follow God. But, we must hold onto the power of the Cross, because it is not by our own strength, but through the power of His Holy Spirit that we be saved.

Father God, I thank you for your words of wisdom and strength, that I may draw near to you. Lord, I pray that you have your Spirit upon these words. Anoint it with your power, that it speak so much truth to those who hear and read it. Let your words be known to all, so that salvation may come today. I pray that the power of the cross be known. I pray that you be glorified. Continue to bless and bless and bless. Thank you, Lord Jesus. I give you all the glory and honor.
Amen.

No comments: