Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Not To Be Stirred Up That We Lose Focus On God

Mark 15:6-11
6Now it was the custom at the Feast to release a prisoner whom the people requested. 7A man called Barabbas was in prison with the insurrectionists who had committed murder in the uprising. 8The crowd came up and asked Pilate to do for them what he usually did.

9"Do you want me to release to you the king of the Jews?" asked Pilate, 10knowing it was out of envy that the chief priests had handed Jesus over to him. 11But the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead.


The people here were not thinking correctly. They allowed the rulers to manipulate them into choosing a murderer to be released. Also, they stirred up the people to ask for the death of Jesus.

There are going to be people like this in our lives. People who "stir things up." These people cause us to not think correctly, and to lose focus on what God wants in our lives. These people may be close relationships, to people that we work with. We must watch out and guard our hearts against such things, that we may stay focused on God.

Father, Lord I pray that you keep me focused on You. I pray for your strength to not get stirred up on earthly matters, but to focus on what you have set my eyes on. Lord, be with me and give me the wisdom to know you and your will. I thank you for this. I want to give you all the honor and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: