Monday, November 03, 2008

Not Of My Own, But Of His Holy Spirit

Mark 13:9-11
9"You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them. 10And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. 11Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.


Although some of us may, or may not, be arrested for preaching the gospel, Jesus tells us here not to worry, because it is not us who is speaking, but the Holy Spirit. This is completely correct. We are not the ones who convict the hearts of man, but the Holy Spirit.

Sometimes, we feel the great need to speak into someone and share the gospel to get them saved, which is totally awesome, but we must remember that it is not my our own strength, but that of Jesus Christ. I could talk the biggest talk, and share the best ways, but it may not do any good. I can say one phrase, or no phrase at all, and the Holy Spirit can move greatly in that person's life.

Father God, I thank you for this word to remind me that it is not my own strength, but through Your Spirit that I may be used. Lord, use me greatly and allow me to share to others who don't know who you are the love and salvation that you offer. Allow me to humble myself before you, prostrating myself to you, that your will be done. I give you all the glory and honor and praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: