Monday, November 17, 2008

Purify My Heart, Set In Your Holiness Through The Fear Of God

2 Cor 7:1
1Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.


Before going on further, Paul speaks of our own hearts, to set it straight before God and to allow it to be purified through His blood. There are all these things that he speaks about, these promises and "things to do", yet it all starts with our heart, and having a right heart for God.

We need to do as stated, to purify ourselves from everything, in body and spirit, and in holiness out of reverence of God. This is the fear that we speak of that we have for God. Through the fear of the Lord, we need to purify ourselves.

Father God, Lord of my life. Purify my heart, I pray. Set it on fire and make it holy and pure in your Name. Lord, forgive me through your blood, that I may be pure before you. Lord, I know that I have done evil in your eyes, and that I can not do anything for your forgiveness, but only through your grace and mercy, through your blood, Jesus I pray for a heart of purity. Thank you, Lord. Allow me to be holy before your eyes. Thank you. I want to give you thanks in all these things, and give you all the glory in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: