Monday, November 24, 2008

Only With Your Strength Can I Follow You

Matt 17:5-7
5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"

6When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified. 7But Jesus came and touched them. "Get up," he said. "Don't be afraid."


Imagine God Himself, Holy and Great, telling you something; telling you to listen to Jesus. I don't blame the disciples for falling down to the ground in terror. I would do the same thing. Is this enough to get someone to follow Jesus with their whole life? It's tough. Even when God Himself speaks to you.

We are man. We are sinful. We are imperfect. It still would be difficult to follow Jesus with all your life even when God Himself tells you to do it. This is because we are weak. But, it can be done. Through Christ who strengthens me, I will follow Him with all that I have.

God of my life, I am weak, yet you are strong. Let me take up your yoke. Let me drawn strength from you when I am weary and drained. Let me draw strength from you when I can not do it anymore. Let me draw strength from you because only through you can I be made done. Lord, allow me to do as you say, to follow you with all my life. I thank you that you are there for me. I want to give my life to you, and in obedience, let it be pleasing. I thank you and give you all the praise and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: