Tuesday, November 25, 2008

God Is Calling All

Matt 20:3-7
3"About the third hour he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4He told them, 'You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.' 5So they went.

"He went out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did the same thing. 6About the eleventh hour he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, 'Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?'

7" 'Because no one has hired us,' they answered.
"He said to them, 'You also go and work in my vineyard.'


Imagine the situation. People are still in the marketplace, waiting to get hired. When I read this, I think about the people who don't know Jesus, and them standing around. If asked, "Why don't you know Jesus," they may answer, "because no one has taken enough interest in us to call us."

This passage makes me want to be a light even more to those without God. I don't want to get into heaven and asked, "I sent you to call others to work for me. Why didn't you do it." God has asked us to call others to serve Him. We are to let others know the calling that God has declared for His people.

Father God, I want to call others, because you first have called me. I want to serve you and obey that which you have said. I pray that I be able to show others that which you want me to show them. I pray that you may take my actions and bless it for the furtherance of your Kingdom. I want to glorify you and pray this all in Your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: