Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Spending Quiet Time With God

Luke 21:37-38
37Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives, 38and all the people came early in the morning to hear him at the temple.


Jesus spent time with the Father daily. He went to a secluded area to keep himself in prayer. Although he was a busy person, he still had the quiet time with God.

Through everything that Jesus did, he knew that he needed to retreat from His own worries and business to spend time with God. I need to do the same. I need to get away from all of my tasks and spend my quiet time in God's presence.

Father, I thank you for your reminder to spend more time with You. I know that I can get busy with my life, but Lord, I pray that I not forsake You. Allow myself to seek you more in my life. I want to quiet my heart to know You. I thank you again, and continue to speak to me I pray, in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: