Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Fast And Petition To God For An Answer

Ezra 8:21-23
21 There, by the Ahava Canal, I proclaimed a fast, so that we might humble ourselves before our God and ask him for a safe journey for us and our children, with all our possessions. 22 I was ashamed to ask the king for soldiers and horsemen to protect us from enemies on the road, because we had told the king, "The gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him, but his great anger is against all who forsake him." 23 So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer.


The journey to Jerusalem was a long and dangerous road, yet these Jews trusted in the Lord their God. They fasted and petitioned for God to be with them and to protect them through their journey.

My God is a God who answers prayers. Through prayer and fasting and petitioning to Him, God will answer prayers. As we seek Him, He told us that we well find Him. If we ask, He will answer.

Father God, I know that you are a great and mighty God. One who answers the prayer of those who seek You. I pray for an answer. Show me your ways; what is your will and the desire you have for my life. Allow me to know and follow. Allow me to fast in petition for my prayer, for I know that you will answer. I thank you for our relationship. I know that you are a personal God who I can know. Thank you Holy Spirit, and I pray this in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: