Monday, October 06, 2008

Faith And Passion To Seek The Lord

Luke 19:2-6
2A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3He wanted to see who Jesus was, but being a short man he could not, because of the crowd. 4So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today." 6So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.


I can only imagine the thoughts and passion of Zacchaeus. He wanted to see Jesus so badly, that he would do something as silly as climbing a tree. I can't imagine myself doing something such as climbing a tree, but it shows the faith and passion that he had for Jesus.

How passionate am I for the Lord? Am I so passionate that I would consider climbing a tree in public to see Jesus. It seems really silly to do it, but to what extent would I take to know the Lord? I need the kind of faith that Zacchaeus had, faith and passion to seek God.

Father God, I thank you for your words. I know that your words will not return void. I pray that you may make your words rhema to my life, and change it and mold it in your ways. Allow my faith and passion for you be even more greater. I want to know you and follow your ways. Keep me in your Spirit, surrounded by your blessing and anointing. Thank you for all this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: