Sunday, October 05, 2008

Fasting To Overcome The Situation Through The Lord

Esther 4:15-17
15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish."

17 So Mordecai went away and carried out all of Esther's instructions.


Again, we see here fasting, and praying in times of a situation that is to come. Esther and her people go into fasting and praying for what is about to happen, in preparation.

I need to also be keeping myself in fasting. It is for the Lord that I may seek Him and be prepared for the situation that He wants me to overcome. I know that through fasting and seeking God, I may come out stronger in Christ.

Father God, I thank you for your words of fasting and praying and seeking and preparing ourselves for you. Let my words be a dedication to honoring you. I pray that you give me strength that I may be able to live my life in accordance to your will. Bless me and be with me I pray. In Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: