Saturday, October 04, 2008

Showing Forgiveness For The Sin Of This World

Luke 17:1-4
1Jesus said to his disciples: "Things that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come. 2It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin. 3So watch yourselves.
"If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. 4If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him."


Sin is bound to happen because we are humans and are living in a sinful world. We are not perfect, and eventually, will sin. The great thing here is that we can be forgiven for our sins. Jesus has paid the price of our sin, so that we are saved through His blood.

We should all forgive one another. Sinning against one another and falling in sin will occur, but it is forgiveness that gives life. We need to forgive the sin that is in us and in each other. It's going to be tough, but through Christ who strengthens us, we can do it.

Father God, I thank you for your anointed word. I thank you for your forgiveness for my sins. I thank you for your loving kindness towards me, and pray that I may also forgive others their sins. Lift me up to another level where we are able to love one another like how you loved us. I thank you for all this. Bless it and anoint it in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: