Friday, October 31, 2008

Nothing Man Can Give For His Soul, But By The Blood Of Jesus

Mark 8:34-38
34Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 35For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? 37Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 38If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels.


I wanted to emphasize verse 37. What can we give in exchange for our soul? What kinds of things can we do or obtain or achieve in order to save ourselves. I believe it is nothing. Nothing that we have is good enough to purchase life. It is only by the blood of Christ Jesus that my soul may be saved.

Jesus died and His blood was used to purchase man, to save us from death. Nothing in this world is good enough except for His blood. That is totally awesome. I know that it is by the grace of God that I am saved.

Lord, I know that nothing that I do, nothing that I have, is able to save myself from what is to come, but it is You who saves me. I thank you, Lord. Thank you so much for dying for me. Without you, my soul could not be redeemed. Without your blood, I would not have life. Who am I that man is important enough to be bought for your blood. Lord, thank you. For that, I give my life in return to you. I give you all that I have. I want to serve you with all that I am. For honor and glory and praise in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: