Thursday, October 30, 2008

Don't Be Afraid, But Just Believe

Mark 5:35-36
35While Jesus was still speaking, some men came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue ruler. "Your daughter is dead," they said. "Why bother the teacher any more?"

36Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, "Don't be afraid; just believe."


Here, the situation looked hopeless. The daughter was dead and it seemed that everything was lost, yet Jesus encouraged the people to not lose hope, to not be afraid, but to believe and keep faith.

Many times, I find myself in situations that seem to not look good. Sometimes I get afraid and don't want to go. God says to not be afraid. He is encouraging us to believe and trust in Him. He will see it through with us.

Lord, I know that I am weak, but You are strong. Lend me your strength. I trust in you, Lord. Lord, let not fear overcome me, or stop me from serving you or living a life that you want, but Lord, I pray that you empower me with your Spirit to trust in You and to believe that everything will be OK. Lord, I thank you. You are Awesome. I give you praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: