Wednesday, October 29, 2008

God's Message Given In A More Relevant Way

Mark 4:33-34
33With many similar parables Jesus spoke the word to them, as much as they could understand. 34He did not say anything to them without using a parable. But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.


Jesus used parables, or stories, to get his message across to the people. They could relate to the materials better, and it also got his point across. Sometimes the people don't realized what Jesus meant by his parable, but as he explained, has he shared with those that follow him, his parables will reveal God's truth.

What I realized is that Jesus used so much relevant stories to share God's words to the people. We should do the same. There are many times where we say stuff that people don't get, but if we share it in stories that they do get, then it will get across better; not to say to dilute the gospel, but to share it in a way that is meaningful to those that don't know Jesus.

Father God, I pray for your anointing. Allow your Spirit to guide me and share to others in a more relevant way. Lord, give me your eyes and your wisdom to be a servant for you. I pray that you may lead in my life. I want to give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: