Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Power Of God's Words Used Through Us

Mark 1:21-22
21They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law.


There are different teaching styles. Some people teach one way, others another. The style of teaching reflects the attitude that one has with what they are teaching. Jesus was teaching with authority. He knew the power of God. The other teachers were probably teaching as a third person, where they don't believe that there is power in the words spoken.

We have the power of the Holy Spirit. God's power is upon us, and we need to believe in it. Through the Spirit, we may do miracles and wonders. We need to take hold of that and speak as God wanted us to share.

Father God. Lord, I thank you for your words that you speak to me. Your words and your Spirit is powerful. I take hold of that and use it in Jesus name. Lord, let me glorify you in all that I do, not with timidity, but with passion and power to share your salvation. I pray that you may use me, continue to allow me to be a servant for you. I pray all this that you may be glorified in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: