Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Love Of The Father Is So AWESOME!

Luke 15:21-24
21"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'

22"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.


Wow, this passage always hits me every time I read it. It shows the love of the Father, our heavenly Father, and how His love for us is so great. Even though we have sinned, He still loves us, and forgives us.

It is only through the power of the cross and the blood of Jesus that I am forgiven. I thank God that He is such a loving God. The Father's compassion for me is so great that it is incomprehensible. It's just AWESOME.

Father God, you are so great. I love you so much. I know of the love that you have showed me. Your blood covers all the sins that I have done. You have forgotten it. I thank you for all of this. I thank you for your loving kindness. I praise your Holy name that you be glorified. I realize the greatness of your love is so wonderful. Thank you Lord.
Amen.

No comments: