Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Is It Really For The Lord?

Zech 7:4-7
4 Then the word of the LORD Almighty came to me: 5 "Ask all the people of the land and the priests, 'When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months for the past seventy years, was it really for me that you fasted? 6 And when you were eating and drinking, were you not just feasting for yourselves? 7 Are these not the words the LORD proclaimed through the earlier prophets when Jerusalem and its surrounding towns were at rest and prosperous, and the Negev and the western foothills were settled?' "


God wants the right intentions when you are fasting for Him. He asks the people why they are fasting. Is it for themselves, or is it for the Lord?

When we do things, such as fasting and praying or any other worship, let us do it unto the Lord. We need to die to our fleshly desires and give it to Him. It is going to be super tough, but I can do it through God who strengthens me. The intentions is not for myself, but for the Lord.

Father God, I thank you for your words that you have given me. I pray for your anointing over it. I pray that you may speak your words into my life. Allow my heart to seek after your own intentions and not mine. When I give you worship, let it be for your will and not mines. When I fast, let it be to seek you and not for my own intentions. I pray that you be my purpose. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: