Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Joy Of The Lord Is My Strength

Neh 8:7-12
7 The LevitesJeshua, Bani, Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodiah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan and Pelaiah—instructed the people in the Law while the people were standing there. 8 They read from the Book of the Law of God, making it clear [a] and giving the meaning so that the people could understand what was being read.

9 Then Nehemiah the governor, Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who were instructing the people said to them all, "This day is sacred to the LORD your God. Do not mourn or weep." For all the people had been weeping as they listened to the words of the Law.

10 Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

11 The Levites calmed all the people, saying, "Be still, for this is a sacred day. Do not grieve."

12 Then all the people went away to eat and drink, to send portions of food and to celebrate with great joy, because they now understood the words that had been made known to them.


What I got from this passage is the joy of the Lord is my strength. All these people were weeping because they realized how much they have sinned and were living a life that was not according to how God wanted them to live, yet were told to stop weeping, because the joy of God is upon us, and we don't need to be sad, but to trust in Him.

Even through tough times, we have the joy of the Lord to lift us up. We don't have to grieve or cry, but to take up the Lord for our own strength. Where we are weak, He is strong. Where we fail, He will lift us up.

Father God, I want to thank you for your lovely words that speaks life into me. Lord, I pray for your grace and mercy, that I may live a life that is pleasing to you. I thank you so much, because you are good and greatly to be praised. I give you my life and bless it so much that I know that you are the Almighty God. I thank you through the good and the bad. I thank you for all that you've done for me. I give you honor and glory and praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: