Saturday, October 11, 2008

Casting Doubt Away And Trusting In God

Luke 24:9-12
9When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others. 10It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles. 11But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense. 12Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened.


Even as the disciples are in the room and the women that had gone to the tomb to see Jesus's body had come back to them to report what they had said, the disciples had doubts. Even when Peter went to see what had happened and had saw all that was left, he still was doubting what Jesus said, that He would rise and live in three days.

Sometimes we are always doubting ourselves, doubting what we do, even doubting the things that come from God, but Jesus has reassured us of our Salvation. He knows us and speaks to us through His words and through the anointing of His Spirit. We can overcome doubt and trust in the Lord that our lives are in His hands.

Father God, I thank you for your words that you spoke through the Spirit. I pray for a fresh anointing of your Spirit that You become real in my life. I pray that our fears be cast out in Jesus name, that we may know you and know without a shadow of a doubt that we can trust in the Holy of Holy and the King of Kings and the Lord of Lord, in You Christ Jesus. Lord, I life my life into your hands and I pray that you show me and speak to me in your Spirit. I thank you for all these things and I pray this in Jesus Holy and Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: