Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Challenge To Step Out In Faith

Acts 3:6-8
6Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." 7Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. 8He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.


Every time I read this passage, I am reminded of the faith that this cripple had. When Peter, through the power of Christ Jesus, prayed healing over this man, first the man got up, then his feet and ankles became strong. His faith had made him well.

Every time I read this, I am challenged to strengthen my faith. Even through tough situations and endless struggles, I need to trust in the Lord and have faith that He is guiding me in my life. Even if it is healing, I need to allow my faith to have God heal me.

Father God, I thank you for your words that strengthen my faith in you. Lord, I thank you for your Holy words, and I pray that it speaks to encourage me to step out in faith to continue to follow you. Lord, I pray for all that you have in store for me. I pray that you bless it and continue to have me respond in faith. I give you all glory and honor and praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: