Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Humble Heart To Serve The Lord

Neh 13:14
14 Remember me for this, O my God, and do not blot out what I have so faithfully done for the house of my God and its services.


As God's servant, Nehemiah did as the Lord instructed, but it is only as a faithful servant to the Lord. We do not deserve anything greater than fulfilling our duties. He is not demanding repayment for what he has done, but to show a humble heart in glorifying God.

Our hearts should not be that of wanting to get a repayment from God, or having a blessing stored aside from Him for another day. We are not to do this for Him so that He may bless us, but to have a heart of a servant. Our hearts should be to humble, so that one day, He may say "Well done good and faithful servant."

Father God, I thank you for having me be able to glorify your name and honor your kingdom. I pray for your people, that hearts may be changed, and that you may do a mighty work in this coming generation. I pray that I may be humble and that I only do as you ask, so that I may please you. Thank you again, and continue to be with me and give me strength. I pray this all in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: