Monday, October 20, 2008

Aim To Please God, Not Men

Acts 12:1-4
1It was about this time that King Herod arrested some who belonged to the church, intending to persecute them. 2He had James, the brother of John, put to death with the sword. 3When he saw that this pleased the Jews, he proceeded to seize Peter also. This happened during the Feast of Unleavened Bread. 4After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring him out for public trial after the Passover.


Many times we are so driven by self. We are so prideful of ourselves that we only think of us. King Herod was only thinking about himself. It pleased him when the people liked him. When he put James to death, the people liked it, so he wanted the people to like him.

Many times, we are the same way. We want to please people. This is pride, because it only thinks about yourself. We must die to our pride, and especially not be motivated to please people, but to please our Lord God Almighty.

Father God, Lord I aim to please You alone. I know that in this world, there is peer pressure, and there are times when it feels like we want to do things to please others, but Lord, let me not lose focus on you. I pray that you guide me in my steps, and let your Holy Spirit use me in mighty ways. Let my life glorify you. Don't let me be pressured by others of this world, but let me live a life for you. I thank you again, and I pray this in Your glorious name.
Amen.

No comments: