Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thankful That A Savior Came To Redeem Us

Job 9:20-35
20 Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me;
if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty.

21 "Although I am blameless,
I have no concern for myself;
I despise my own life.

22 It is all the same; that is why I say,
'He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.'

23 When a scourge brings sudden death,
he mocks the despair of the innocent.

24 When a land falls into the hands of the wicked,
he blindfolds its judges.
If it is not he, then who is it?

25 "My days are swifter than a runner;
they fly away without a glimpse of joy.

26 They skim past like boats of papyrus,
like eagles swooping down on their prey.

27 If I say, 'I will forget my complaint,
I will change my expression, and smile,'

28 I still dread all my sufferings,
for I know you will not hold me innocent.

29 Since I am already found guilty,
why should I struggle in vain?

30 Even if I washed myself with soap
and my hands with washing soda,

31 you would plunge me into a slime pit
so that even my clothes would detest me.

32 "He is not a man like me that I might answer him,
that we might confront each other in court.

33 If only there were someone to arbitrate between us,
to lay his hand upon us both,

34 someone to remove God's rod from me,
so that his terror would frighten me no more.

35 Then I would speak up without fear of him,
but as it now stands with me, I cannot.


Job hit it right on the spot. He explains that we can never be justified before God. We are guilty on all accounts. We are not blameless, even if we think we are. We are not innocent because we have not held God's standard. He goes on asking for a way to somehow come to God without fearing Him.

Jesus is this way. Although Job did not know it, Jesus came and became the answer he was looking for. He became our arbitrator. He was the one who removed God's punishment, so that we may not live in Hell, but to be redeemed by the grace of the Lord.

Father God, I thank you so much for all this. Lord, you are merciful and full of grace. I know that you are the almighty one who saves us from our death. Thank you Lord. We are so blessed to have a Savior who loves us so much that they would die for us. Thank you. Let us not lose sight of your love for us. Let us have a heart of thanksgiving in what you did. Let us glorify your Holy and Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: