Sunday, October 19, 2008

God Corrects And He Disciplines To Build Us Up

Job 5:17-18
17 "Blessed is the man whom God corrects;
so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.

18 For he wounds, but he also binds up;
he injures, but his hands also heal.


Sometimes life gets tough and we would blame God for things that don't go our way. Just like the Father, He disciplines us for our good. If everything went our way, we would have no character. If we did not go through trials, we would not be strong.

The Lord corrects us in what we do. He disciplines us from things that are not right, so that we know what is right. We must not blame the Lord, but allow His trials that He sets before us to strengthen us and build our character.

Father God, I know that you love me so much. I know that you don't us me to be a lowly person who is weak and not full of your spirit. Lord, allow my heart to accept your trails to build me up. Give me strength to go through these trials. I pray for your strength, that I may trust in You. I want to give you all the glory and honor in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: