Monday, September 22, 2008

Remeber to Withdraw Yourself To Pray

Luke 5:14-16
14Then Jesus ordered him, "Don't tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."

15Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. 16But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.


Jesus was doing healings and other miraculous signs and wonders, and the crowd kept coming to him. He was always doing so many things, but in the last verse, it says that he often withdrew himself from these situations by himself to pray.

Prayer is such an important time and and awesome time to spend with God. Sometimes I feel like I do so many things and are always all over the place, but I must remember to withdraw myself with my time with God.

Father God, I thank you for this reminder, that I may spend time more with you. I pray that you be with me and anoint the time that I have with you. Allow me to remember to spend that quality time with you. Lord, I pray that I not keep myself busy to be busy, but to take the time to talk with you allow time to listen to your words. I thank you for this and let it change me I pray in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: