Friday, September 19, 2008

God Shows To Us Who Need Him

Luke 2:8-11
8And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.


When Jesus, the Christ, was born, God told the angels to go tell the shepherds that His Son was born. Out of all the people that God could have announced the birth of His Son, He went and told dirty shepherds. He could have gone and told the religious people, or rich people, but instead he went to shepherds instead.

Shepherds represented the unclean people, the common people, the people that needed cleansing. And God went to them to show them that their Savior was born. That is awesome. God came to those that needed Him. He wanted to show us who need Him that there is Salvation in Christ Jesus.

Father God, Lord I thank you for your Son Jesus, who was born and died for my sins on the cross. I pray that your blessing for your people be so great, that it come overflowing. I thank you so much, because you love me so much. I can't understand the depth of how good you really are. Lord, continue to keep me in your favor. I know without you, life would not be pleasing. I thank you for all that you have done, and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: