Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pray With Faith

Luke 1:11-18
11Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13But the angel said to him: "Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John. 14He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from birth.[b] 16Many of the people of Israel will he bring back to the Lord their God. 17And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

18Zechariah asked the angel, "How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years."


It is astonishing how we always pray for things, yet our faith is not in it. Here, Zechariah prayed as the angel said, and his prayer was heard, yet when his prayers were answered, he was doubtful of it.

We need to pray with faith, and be sure of what is to come. God may answer your prayer, yet you may not believe in it, so it may not come about. We need to put faith and believe in all that we do, and especially the prayers that we pray.

Father God, I thank you for your encouraging word. I know that sometimes I am not faithful in all that I say and do, so work in my life in this area. Let me pray with all that I am, and believe with all that I have, so that when you come to answer it, I may know that You are God. Thank you for this word, I know that you will do great and mighty things. I pray all this in God's Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: