Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Focus On The Lord And Worship God

Rev 22:8-9
8I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!"

Imagine John seeing this great vision. There must be some crazy stuff going through his head when taken aback from the glory of God and what He is going to do. Sometimes, things are presented in a pleasing way that it looses its focus on what it is, but you start to focus on other things.

For John, he saw great things that God is going to do, and in his lost, he loses focus on God and starts to thank, even bow down, to the angel that is showing him it. There are so many times that we get sidetracked from God and start to be pleased with other things, but the Lord says to focus on Him.

Father God, I want to worship You. I want to bow down before you and just sit at your feet in your presence. I know the great things that you have revealed and the plans that are to come. Lord, I pray that you be gloried in all this. Let your glory be known to all, and let us continue to worship you with all that we have. Thank you for your words, and I pray this in your glorious name.
Amen.

No comments: