Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Love Others Even If You Don't Want To

Luke 6:27-30
27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31Do to others as you would have them do to you.


One of Jesus' teachings that shows you to love your enemies. This is such a basic teaching, yet it is one of the toughest to follow. Love those who mistreat you, who hate you; that is really tough.

I need help in this area of my life. Like the Bible says, it is so easy to love those who you get along with, who you like, but it is so hard to love those that hate you. I need God to allow me to do something supernatural in my life to love my enemies.

Father God, I thank you for this love that you have for me, a sinner, one who disobeyed you. Lord, I pray for your spirit and your anointing on my life that I may love as how you loved, and that I may love those who do not love me. Lord, I pray for your Spirit to allow me to show compassion and to change in my heart to love. I thank you Lord. I pray that your words speak into my life. I pray all this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: