Monday, September 08, 2008

Obey The Lord Whether Favorable Or Unfavorable

Jerem 42:5-6
5 Then they said to Jeremiah, "May the LORD be a true and faithful witness against us if we do not act in accordance with everything the LORD your God sends you to tell us. 6 Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, we will obey the LORD our God, to whom we are sending you, so that it will go well with us, for we will obey the LORD our God."


During this time, the people of Judah wanted to go to Egypt to escape from the Babylons. They went and asked Jeremiah the prophet to seek the advice of God. In here, they say that they are God's people, and whatever He says they will obey, whether it be favorable or unfavorable. In the end, they disobeyed God by going to Egypt instead of listening to God by staying.

Just like the people of Judah, they were already set in their ways. Even if God decided for them to go one direction, they were already set in their own plans. It was a total lie when they said that they would do what God says, whether it is favorable or unfavorable. Sometimes, God's plans may seem rough, or tough in our own eyes, but He has plans for us. He knows what's best for us. It may seem unfavorable at the time, but through and through, God's plans for us are the best plans.

Father God, I thank you for your heavenly words. I know that you speak life through it. I pray for an anointing of your Holy Spirit to speak to me. Let your words change my heart and my life in according to your will. Allow me to follow you, and to obey you, even when your decision seems unfavorable. I know that you have great plans for me. I know that you are with me, so I pray that I continue to obey. I thank you for your word and your blessing. I pray this in your glorious name.
Amen.

No comments: