Tuesday, September 09, 2008

God Crys For Us Through Our Suffering

Lamentations 2:11-12
11 My eyes fail from weeping,
I am in torment within,
my heart is poured out on the ground
because my people are destroyed,
because children and infants faint
in the streets of the city.

12 They say to their mothers,
"Where is bread and wine?"
as they faint like wounded men
in the streets of the city,
as their lives ebb away
in their mothers' arms.


In the mist of the words of Lamentations, words of judgement and destruction, there is a cry of grief in what is happening to God's people. The author of Lamentations, which I also believe to be anointed and revealing God's own expressions, is crying out in all that is happening. There needs to be judgement and sin needs to be dealt with, but all in God's love for His people.

You can see God's emotions through the author here. In all that He does, God still loves us so much. I can see how it hurts Him when He has to allow His people to be punished. This passage shows the love of God pouring through the words. His love for us, and for His people, result in the death of His Son for our sins. That is love.

Father, I can see your love in your words. It speaks to me and to my spirit. Lord, I pray that your words move me and change my heart to really know how much you love me. I thank you for your compassion for a sinner like myself. I thank you so much, because you came and died for me. Lord, thank you for this reminder of just how Good and Loving you are in my life. Through all the death and destruction that goes on in this sinful world, it reminds me that you still love us so much, that you cry out for us, to come to you. Lord, thank you for your word. Bless it, let it be still in my heart and my spirit. I pray this all in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: