Friday, September 05, 2008

God's Message Of Salvation Is Sweet Like Honey

Rev 10:9-11
9So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey." 10I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour. 11Then I was told, "You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings."


Here, the scroll symbolizes God's message, and the prophet ate the scroll to receive it. It is sweet like honey because of God's message for Salvation, but is sour because of the distaste of His judgement.

We all need to receive our scrolls. It may seem sour at times, and things may not always go right when proclaiming His message, but the sweetness of Salvation is awesome. We must take up our cross and share how good God really is.

Father God, I praise you with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength. I want to learn more about how wondrous you are. Thank you for your blessings. I pray that your words will not return void and to proclaim to all others your words. Holy Spirit guide me and use me I pray, in Jesus Glorious name.
Amen.

No comments: