Thursday, September 04, 2008

God Wants Us To Stand In The Gap

Ezekiel 23:30-31
30 "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. 31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD."


The Lord could not stand against the sins of the nations, and he had to judge it, and destroy that which was not holy, detestable and profane. He wanted someone to stop him, so that he would not need to destroy the people, yet, there was no one willing to stand "in the gap", or intercede on behalf of the nation, to lead them back to God.

We need to intercede on behalf of those who are lost, those who do not know God. We who are in Him are able to lead others to the Lord. God is looking for someone to stand "in the gap", and He wants us to go.

Father God, let me stand in the gap on your behalf. I pray that I stand up for you and show others how great You are. Lord, I pray on behalf of all my friends and family that are lost, that you be with them and protect them, open their eyes and their hearts that they may receive you. I pray that you allow me to be used by you. I pray all this so that You may be glorified in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: