Friday, September 26, 2008

I Need God's Strength To Deny Myself

Luke 9:23
23Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.


Jesus teaches his disciples to deny themselves and to follow Him. They must carry their own cross, endure their own suffering, fight the struggles of flesh, just as Jesus had done.

I know that it is tough. I am fighting through tough times of denying myself, but Jesus said to take up the cross. He knows too that the struggle and pain will be tough, but God is with me.

Father God, I thank you for this word, Lord. Bless it and anoint it with your Holy Spirit. Allow it to penetrate my heart, that I may draw strength from it. I pray for your power and strength to deny myself. Lord, I make you my rock. Supernaturally empower me to be able to die to my flesh, because I know I can't do it alone. Give me strength, Lord and be with me. I pray all this in your powerful name.
Amen.

No comments: