Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Lord Ask Us To Carefully Think About Our Ways

Haggai 1:5-10
5 Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."
7 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD. 9 "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house. 10 Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops.


Wow, this is a great reminder to be delicate in all that we do, that we may do it as for the Lord. He instructs us to carefully think about what we are doing. There are many times that we do so much, but gain very little. If we seek the Lord and follow His ways, His blessings will pour into our lives.

I need to carefully think about my ways. I know that there are many things in my life that I need to seek the Lord in. I know through His words that I must follow what He wants for me, that He may bless it in my life.

Father God, I thank you for this verse. I want to take in your words that you have for me, for allowing me to seek you more. I pray for your anointing and for your blessing, that you may give me strength in seeking you. I pray for strength to continue to follow you and fight against my own flesh. Lord, cover me with your spirit and guide me and move me in your ways. I pray all this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: