Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We Deceive Ourselves When The Truth Is Not In Us

1 John 1:8-9
8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


Sometimes it's hard to see our sins. We may not know what is going on in our lives. We may be oblivious to ourselves, and that is dangerous. The devil works in many ways, to trick us, and to deceive us. It is dangerous when we are not rooted in Christ when Satan attacks.

Life is a battle ground for spiritual warfare. There are so many things going on right now that I know the devil has a hand in. We live in a world full of sin and it is tough to live a life in the presence of sin, yet we are Christ Ambassadors, and we must declare our lives to be in God's hands.

Father God, I know that you are the God of this Universe. I know that you are with us, and that you are in control of all things. I pray against the attacks of the enemy. I pray for your covering. Let us have eyes to see what you see, of everything that is going on, the truth that is going on. let us not be deceived, but faithful to you in all situations. I thank you for your strength, and I pray this in your Holy and Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: