Thursday, August 21, 2008

Allowing God To Do A Work In Our Lives

Jeremiah 24:3-7
3 Then the LORD asked me, "What do you see, Jeremiah?"
"Figs," I answered. "The good ones are very good, but the poor ones are so bad they cannot be eaten."

4 Then the word of the LORD came to me: 5 "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians. 6 My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. 7 I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.


Sometimes it is hard to see and focus on the Lord in times of turmoil and hardship. The people of Israel were in that very situation when they were going through exile and taken to a land not of their own. But, the Lord allowed them to go through this hardship, yet still keeping watch over them, so that they may turn from wicked ways, and be built up to return their hearts to the Lord.

I know so many people who go through situations or times in their lives where they don't see God in their lives. It is sad to see this, yet I know God is still watching over them. I know that God allows things to happen, so that we may know that God is with us. We need to not lose hope, and not lose focus on the Lord, for He is with us.

Father God, I thank you for this word of encouragement. I pray for your Spirit to guide and lead me in your ways. I know that you are always with us, even through times of hardship, you are with us. Shape us and mold us, allow us to be changed by You. Let us keep our focus on your ways and your plans, that we may grow closer to you. I thank you again, and pray all these things in Your Holy and Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: